Tuesday, March 16, 2010

An introduction



I like to bake. It's pretty much my favorite thing to do. I really owe it all to my sisters. To Sarah, for teaching me to eat dry cake mix, and to Katie, for baking such cute things once a upon a time and thus inspiring me to try. And of course to my mom, who taught me how to bake in the first place. And my daddy, who pays for all things necessary in a bakers world.
Then of course Liana, who told me I should make a blog about baking (though I tweaked her idea, slightly...) and Angie, who always sends me the cutest baking supplies. Also, Annie, who took me to see Julie and Julia. We have since been talking about "Anne and Annie" (because Anne is my middle name), and I am continually trying to convince her to start an allergen free blog. And my roommates, who put up with my messes. And my friends, who eat my failed cookie attempts so that I don't feel so bad about myself. Mary, who is the only person I can share a kitchen with. And finally, all the teachers/professors who have allowed me to destroy lesson plans by bringing food to class, and who have given me an excuse to bake instead of study.
Those are the people who have most helped and influenced my baking. And I am grateful to all of them, because baking is my release. My only real hobby. The only thing I'm semi-confident in.
And, mostly, delicious.

1 comment:

  1. you are the best melissa. i was just imagining today...if there was an icon for cup cake in heels... what that would look like. and i imagined :P

    i'll have to start mentioning when i bake gluten and dairy free in my blog. i made the best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies this past week. it's so funny because when i bring my baked goods to work my co-workers turn to me and say, "ok annie. now what kind of weird ingredients did you put in there this time!"

    but they secretly love them. i love you xxoo

    ReplyDelete