Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sometimes, things go as planned:

I decided to attempt cake balls this weekend.

First I made a French Vanilla cake. I cooked it like a regular 9x13 cake.
Then I got to crumble the cake into a bowl. That was fun. I like destroying food.
Then I made cream cheese frosting and added a little less than 2 cups of that into the cake crumbles and mixed it with my hands.

Then, I rolled them into little balls.


Then, I melted the candy melts.
Pink, white and sugar. All of my favorite things.


My first cake-on-a-stick.


I found an old, forgotten loaf of bread on top of the refrigerator. I started to throw it away, then I realized that it could be useful.


They worked!



I found a new use for the 'cauldron'.



There were some leftovers. I refuse to believe that the reason I didn't have enough has anything to do with how many of the candy melts I ate before actually using them.


There were also some rejects.
But they found love.
In my mouth.


I never learned how to tie bows correctly.
My mom always did it for me.


But they were pretty cute anyway.


1 comment: