Thursday, April 8, 2010

Once upon a time ...


... "So many cakes"



quickly turned into



"Too many cakes."







I needed a strawberry/vanilla cake for Kimberly ...





A chocolate/vanilla cake for the "true-zebra" effect ...






And a strawberry/chocolate cake.






Because pink and brown are my favorite colors.





See? They're so cute together!



And they remind me of my room at my parent's house.



It was a four-tiered cake.



The fifth cake was for Kimberly.
...
Wanna see what we did to it?



The frosting tortured me.
It was too thin and kept falling off, just after I had it swirled to perfection.

Rude.



As always, I got really flustered,
Felt sick,
Swore to myself I would never bake again,
and then thought of a way to fix it.



Thank you, Baker's chocolate.



I aspire to someday be that cute little grandma.



Ciao, torta!









PS: There's no such thing as a "True Zebra" effect. I made that up. Just now.

2 comments:

  1. you WILL be that cute little grandma someday. i just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my strawberry and pink zebra cake. I think a TRUE zebra would be pink and white...or pink and brown. it's the un-original ones that choose to be black and white. so lame. haha

    ReplyDelete